This is Hawaii the way it used to be: rural, charming, and dripping with breathtaking beauty. Our home for the week is Hale Kai, a yoga retreat center on the secluded waters of Hookena Bay. Hand built, artful bungalows are set in a garden of tropical fruits and flowers, and connected by footpaths. Wake to birdsong in the palms, watch whales pass from the yoga pavilion, swim with the dolphins, and drift to sleep to the lullaby of ocean waves. Fresh cuisine, based on the islands' bounteous produce of fresh fish, fruits, and vegetables, balances gourmet satisfaction with wholesomeness. Specially prepared by our gourmet chef, meals are enjoyed "al fresco" on the ocean-view veranda.
Treat yourself to this tantalizing week of relaxation, with daily yoga practice, guided journaling, and creative exercises including our trademark Heart’s Desire process, designed to clarify your dreams and unleash your potential. Wrapping ourselves in the luxury of nature, we’ll drench our senses in the island paradise of Hawaii, taking leisurely ocean swims with turtles, dolphins, and whales, and snorkeling the coral reefs.
We provide expert guidance and instruction during all activities, supporting all ability and experience levels. Take time for yourself, in the company of new friends. Come play with us on the Big Island of Hawaii!
What to Expect at the Hawaii Rejuvenation Retreat:
Awaken to the scent of a plumeria-infused breeze wafting through your bungalow, and indulge in a mug of Kona coffee or herbal tisane as the iridescent dawn spreads over the ocean. As you like, take a morning jog or hike up to the rim of the cliffs, or stroll a few meters to the beach for your first swim of the day in our bay. If the dolphins are in, itís a magical treat!
Breakfast follows, with a vibrant fruit salad, a hearty egg dish, fresh baked goods, yogurt, teas, juices, and cereals. Then we’ll have a group outing to the beach for swimming, kayaking, or snorkeling; or a day-trip to one of our favorite spots on the island: the ancient site of City of Refuge, the undersea paradise of Honaunau, hiking to a hidden beach, or kayaking to the Captain Cook Monument. Lunch is served on the terrace at Hale Kai, or we’ll take a picnic lunch. After lunch, you’re free to take a nap, relax in the fabulous silk cushions on the veranda, or languish in a shady hammock with a good book. We’ll cap off the day with either an energizing or restorative yoga class, depending on our earlier activities, in the open yoga pavilion overlooking the ocean. After a sunset dinner, featuring the sumptuous fresh cuisine of our gourmet chef, we’ll gather for an inspirational talk by Hawaiian shaman Kalani, a creative exercise using watercolors, or our unique Heart's Desire process with Colleen. Relax in an after-dinner circle with guided sharing and lots of laughter before letting the sound of the waves lull you to sleep under the starry velvet sky.
- Daily yoga/Gyrokenesis and Qigong instruction, including relaxation and breathing techniques, held in a stunning seaside pavilion.
- Creative activities, lectures, discussions, and our Heartís Desire process, designed to set your dreams in motion.
- Inspired journeys into nature, exploring the ocean and her bountiful sea life, sacred sites and secret beaches.
- Three delicious, healthful meals per day, served with an ocean view. Two lunches and two dinners are on your own so you have the opportunity to explore the islandís culture and cuisine.
- Traditional Hawaiian Lomi Lomi or Thai massage for an additional cost.
- Dancing with renowned Hula Dancer Puna
- Immersion in nature, her rhythms and tides.
- Lots of laughter, friendship, and relaxation.
Included in the Price:
- Seven days, six nights lodging at Hale Kai, a yoga retreat center right on the water (see FAQ for details on room choices).
- Yoga/Gyrokenesis instruction.
- Yoga props and mat (youíre also welcome to bring your own mat).
- Sea kayaking and stand up paddle boarding equipment (youíll be responsible for renting or bringing your own snorkel equipment, if you want to snorkel).
- Fresh, delicious meals served by our gourmet chef, and all snacks
- All guided tours.
- Art and creative exercises
- Dance lessons.
- Goodies from our sponsors.
* Airfare and transportation to and from the airport is not included in the cost.
What Our Sponsors Provide:
• Women's Quest T-Shirt
• Odwalla Bar
• Women's Quest Journal
• Sherpani packs and travel bags 20% of with coupon code